Re: [DotGNU]Copyright Issues

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Copyright Issues
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:45:52 +0530

If memory serves me right, Anony Mouse wrote:
> I was wondering... lets say hypothetically the job you worked for would not
> allow you to participate in writing free software, do any submittions
> require knowledge of true identity - ie would I be able to still help in
> total anonymity?

"help" == Code + Documentation + Debugging + Testing + MindShare ...

The first two are tangible contributions and require public knowledge
of the Author and the Copyright assignments there of ...

The latter three are intangible , but no less valuable by any stretch ..
We love bug reports, wherever they come from :-) ..

Using Free Software and testing it cannot be prevented by any employer.
Only tangible contributions can be prevented ...

So yes, you'll be able to help. But you can't submit major code patches
without a copyright disinterest form signed by your employer.

Gopal