[DotGNU]stdio in pnetC ... some questions

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]stdio in pnetC ... some questions
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 00:48:39 +0530

Hi All,
        I was just thinking about porting my jdasm or java disassembler
code (which was later used for JILC or jvm to IL convertor) to run
using pnetC.

I found out that there is no FILE * or fread/fwrite/fopen functions
in pnetC (which should be easily remediable :-)

The question I was thinking about was the endianess of the data read
(using BinaryReader I presume)..

Using gcc I have the following behavior

fread(&i,1,sizeof(int),fp);
printf("%08X",i);

on a file containing (java .class magic number)

0xCA 0xFE 0xBA 0xBE

I get the following output

BEBAFECA

Will pnetC emulate that ? (and leave me to flip the bits ?)

Gopal