Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:47:08 -0700 (PDT)

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-May/005846.html
> > "MCS might be used though to implement this beast
> if
> > we choose to, and in
> > that case, we will probably package the compiler
> as a
> > component that can
> > run on its own AppDomain, allowing for the GPL
> code to
> > be running side
> > by side with proprietary code."
> >
> > let me be provokative about this :
> > You dont need to use rpc and the network
> interfaces,
> > you just need dotnet to get around the GPL.
> >
> > How does the DotGnu team plan on handling this
> one?
>
> The major components of DotGNU (that need to be
> protected from
> that kind of situation) are not written in C#, or
> any other
> language that can easily be compiled to run on the
> .NET runtime.
But can be invoked via PInvoke.
my questions are still unanswered :
Are we going to implement this interface that produces
Parse trees from C# Code?
How are we going to implement it if not to embed the
compiler?
What would the license be?

Mike

=====