Re: [DotGNU]jabber conference

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]jabber conference
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:30:59 +0530

If memory serves me right, Adam Theo wrote:
> I don't know what DotGNU-Sage is, but I'm assuming it is a chat bot
> program. Jabber has a very featured one already, called ChatBot. You can
> see how it works in the address@hidden room at any time.

Yes, I checked chatbot ... only thing left to look is if the database
can be imported into chatbot's tables .

> and hopefully a URL to read it. You can do this on people ("?? theo"),
> or anything else that is defined with ChatBot.

This will do ...

> then people behind firewalls can use a http-enabled client (I think
> Gabber, Jarl, WinJab, Exodus and maybe a couple of other mature ones do)

This is a very important point for people inside firewalls , especially
people from universities in India ;) .... Also an important requirement
if we're going to involve more industry people..

> and connect to the jabber server on port 80 wrapping the jabber messages
> as http packets.

That obviously disqualifies dotgnu.org from being the jabber server ....

> If you want, I'd be happy to take an hour or two of my time to set it up
> for you. just give me a regular user ftp and ssh account, and i'll have
> it up and running in 2 hours max, complete with SSL and conference
> support. Never set up HTTP support, but shouldn't be that hard after
> figuring out SSL.

I wonder if someone can provide a jabber.dotgnu.org and host the jabber
server ?.

Gopal