Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:21:07 -0500

I think a much more apt and fair comparison would be if the GNU project had chosen only to create gcc and then chose to either ignore or avoid the much broader issue of all the software around the compiler (the operating system, libraries and tools) being non-free. While, as you correctly note, gcc in itself does not address any of the broader issues of software freedom alone, it certainly does so within the context of the GNU project as a whole. It is in this context which DotGNU exists for and around individual projects like pnet, and for which that I see Mono fails or chooses not to address.

David