Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET focus for the next 2 months

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET focus for the next 2 months
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:04:43 +0530

Hi,
> What exactly do you mean with "self-hosting"?  (Since the pnet
> C# compiler is written in C, not C#, it's not very interesting
> to ask whether it can compile itself etc :-)
        What I meant was the compiler cannot compile Pnetlib. So
we still need M$ CSC for compiling Pnetlib. So Portable.NET
as a whole (treecc+pnet+pnetlib) is not completely self
sufficent.(maybe I used the wrong words viz self-hosting)
> >     It all comes to, "Can we inter-program with Java & C# ?".
>
> This is probably very desirable, but IMHO not the first
> priority.  The priority is IMHO that we can program in Java and
> we can program in C# and the resulting programs can talk
> XML-RPC.
        Ok.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success