[DotGNU]"Meet Rhys the Pnet guru" -- report by local correspondent

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [DotGNU]"Meet Rhys the Pnet guru" -- report by local correspondent
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:29:16 +0530

Hi Everybody,
        Let me give you a brief overview of the "Meet Rhys" event
happening on #dotgnu.

        We were quite surprised by the low response to the meeting.
A major reason may have been timezones so he has agreed to host
another session Thursday as Norbert has announced earlier.
> We have scheduled another "Meet Rhys the Pnet Guru" irc chat
> for Thursday Dec 20, 22.30 GMT.  This is 17.30 US Eastern Time
        Now into the details, we had Rhys @ #dotgnu for 2 days chatting
with various developers. The discussion was quite distributed in
topics and it is irrelevant to mention all of them here.

        Rhys explained in sufficent detail how to wrap a C function in
C#/IL yesterday, which led to today's discussion being announced.
Some discussion about the abilities and limitations of CVM were
discussed as well as some programming stuff. The plans and future
of Pnet also came up for discussion.

Ajmitch <address@hidden> has has produced a transcript
from a scribe bot. I am attaching an edited copy of the transcript.
The original is available with ajmitch, but is on a slow connection.
The transcript makes interesting reading for any person, most of
it is offtopic (ie pnet) and amusing. Since it is quite large, I've
gzip'd it.(couldn't bzip2 for the sake of Tony & Others using Win32)

Attached
========
_CURRENT_.gz - 25kb - 18/12/2001
 _LATEST_.gz - 10kb - 17/12/2001

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success