[DotGNU]New Developer

From: Harlan Iverson
Subject: [DotGNU]New Developer
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:51:52 -0800 (PST)

Hey, My name is Harlan, I go by "loopy." I am new to the list and am not sure where development of this project is right now, and what sub-projects are being planned, et cetera. I just wanted to let everyone know what I can do for the project(s). I am very fluent in VB, C, PHP, and VB/_vbscript_. I like working on client/server applications, obviously..But they have always been my favorite. I have alot of experience with MySQL, and POSIX threads. I have implimented a portable multi-threaded select() based instant messenger with chat and server-side buddy lists in the past...unfortunately I lost the code when wind0ze decided not to like my hard disk and my only option was to re-format and install '98... My platform of choice is Windows, but I am intermediate at Linux. I maintained a Slackware Linux server for a about a year with apache, mysql, and my messenger as the main daemons. So I am hoping for some suggestions as to where I could help out, and I am totally psyched to help this project as much as I can! I just finished up a case study on MS and found out alot about how monopolistic their hold is on the market, and with .NET coming out I wanted to find a project to clone it, because I don't like the idea of one company having all the info on everything and wanted a distributed system. This project is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks ahead of time for info, and I am really looking forward to being a part of this and making it work!

~Harlan

You don't like the way I walk, or whe way I talk, or the way I swing my hands. You don't like the words I speak or the thoughts I think and I know you'll never understand... -Good Charlotte, East Coast Anthem

Do You Yahoo!?
Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your holiday gifts!