Re: [DotGNU]Morphing java code to IL

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Morphing java code to IL
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:19:48 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

>   With the problem of typed local variables , I would have to do a
>   reshuffling of local variables to get the correct type onto the
>   correct local var. But can I change type flag of a local variable
>   using some opcode (is there any such thing ?).

There are no opcodes to do this.  You should be
able to build the local variable list as you go, using
ILTypeAddLocal as you go.

If you are outputting IL assembly code, to be fed
into ilasm, then you can declare the type of a local
after it is referenced, as long as the declaration
occurs before the end of the method.

However, as I said, put all this in a separate program,
and not in "image".  I want raw access to Java methods
in "image" for other reasons.