dolibarr-tasktrack

[Dolibarr-tasktrack] [Task #640] Better deposit invoice management

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-tasktrack] [Task #640] Better deposit invoice management
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:56:36 +0200

Doliforge
Ce message ne s'affiche pas correctement?
mettez à jour vos préférences utilisateur.

Better deposit invoice management

Dernières modifications

29/08/2013 16:56 (Europe/Paris)
Hi Florian !

I saw that you did this dev and now it's possible to create a deposit from a proposal and define the amount or %.
Did you planned to work on the same coming from an order ?

Thanks.

État

 Détails
Submitted on:  13/12/2012 15:03 Submitted by:  Maxime Kohlhaas (atm-maxime)
Last Modified On:  11/05/2013 16:44

I think that when creating an invoice from an order, next to the "deposit invoice" choice, we should have an input to enter an amount or a percent of the deposit. And then create an invoice with one line called "Deposit invoice regarding order XXX" and the amount entered or calculated.

This will be faster and easier than a manual creation, and this will keep a link between an order and the deposit invoice.

Therefore, I noticed that when adding the deposit invoice as a discount on the final invoice, the line is placed in first position. Is there a reason for this ?

Please tell me if this is interesting and if there's no specific rule preventing from doing an automatic deposit invoice.
Subproject:  Module Invoice customer Assigned to (multiple):  HENRY Florian (fhenry)
 Etat
Start Date:  - End Date:  -
Completion (0-100%):  100 Status:  Closed

Commentaires

Maxime Kohlhaas 29/08/2013 16:56
Hi Florian !

I saw that you did this dev and now it's possible to create a deposit from a proposal and define the amount or %.
Did you planned to work on the same coming from an order ?

Thanks.
Maxime Kohlhaas 08/03/2013 14:24
Ok, but I think that your case A is totally standard and can be done without any dev. This is not a deposit invoice, this is the final invoice with a first payment recorded, you're right. For case A, I understand that deposit can not be allowed and that's why I can see in 3.4 that the option is not available. But here the payment is not flagged as a deposit. That's why I want to create a deposit invoice, which combined with the option FACTURE_DEPOSITS_ARE_JUST_PAYMENTS can do what I need.

For case B, I need a deposit invoice, whether I know the final amount / content of the lines or not. For this, wiki doc says to create the deposit invoice from scratch.
I just want to reduce clicks and calculation, and add the link between the origin doc and the invoice.
So if I put back the deposit option on the invoice creation and add an input next to this option, this seems to me to be the simplest way of doing this. The deposit must always have only one line saying "deposit for ..." (says the wiki). If the input is filled, the line amount is > 0, else 0 and the user changes it manually.

What do you think ?

So much to discuss about, luckily we will meet at the DevCamp :D
Laurent Destailleur 08/03/2013 12:55
Yes there is for the moment rule to prevent this. But may be there is some case this can be usefull. Before working on this we must be sure to find what are such case.

Case A: If you need a deposit invoice that contains all lines of invoice, you probably don't need "deposit invoice" but instead a standard invoice with a first payment entered. Fro this case, we must not allow deposit invoice and ask instead to make invoice with a first payment.

Case B: Deposit invoices are designed when you don't know what will be lines into invoices or final amount.
You request is for case B ?

If yes, this is what we can do:
When you click on "create invoice", we first add a combo with formconfirm method with a checkbox
* Do you want to build a standard or replacement invoice
* Do you want to build a deposit of ______%
If user choose choice 1, you arrive on current page to create invoice.
If user choose choice 2, you arrive on a page like current one but lines are not filled, instead you have a line saying "deposit for order xxx" with amount that is x% of order.
Benefit, compared to create from srcatch is not a lot but it is still better so why not.

Maxime Kohlhaas 08/02/2013 14:05
Any comment on this function ?