Re: GsoC Proposal Feedback

From: Hamza Mohammed
Subject: Re: GsoC Proposal Feedback
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:38:33 +0200

No worries, I am glad you were able to reply. I just want to ask a few questions before editing my proposal.
1. So the idea was to explore multiple open source error correcting libraries and use only one of them in the gr-fec module as an optional dependency or OOT module?
2. The goal of the project will be to develop a test bench for the existing blocks in GNU Radio in comparison to other open source libraries ?
3. Is the project size Large or Medium ?
4. Do I need to explain the code in detail of how I will integrate the chosen library to the gr-fec package?
5. What should my proposal mainly focus on ? The integration of the library or How the test bench is set up?
From my understanding of the previous mail the project's main objectives are: 1) Introduce modern FEC codes to the gr-fec module. 2) Provide a test bench for error correction codes in the gr-fec package 3) Provide library based (optional) additional implementations for code blocks.

Sorry for my poor spelling errors in my previous proposal, I will get them fixed asap. It's GNU Radio noted!!