Re: B200-mini not detected thru GNU Radio

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: B200-mini not detected thru GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:02:45 -0400

On 13/03/2024 16:13, Woods, Alex C wrote:
Hello,

I've constructed the Spectrum Analyzer as seen on this page (see following link to GNU radio wiki) in hopes to test the functionality of GNU radio's compatibility with the b200-mini I plan to use for a project:

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=Guided_Tutorial_Hardware_Considerations

Unfortunately, when I run execute the flow graph, I get:

RuntimeError: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for -----> Empty Device Address

and it doesn't run as intended. I've verified the connection of the device through UHD command uhd_find_devices (as well as several other commands), where it sees the b200-mini just fine, but GNU Radio isn't seeing it for some reason. The device is interfaced via USB.

This is similar to the error this StackExchange user encountered (see link below), but I was slightly confused on how to fix it with the advice provided in the highest-upvoted response.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33304828/when-trying-to-use-my-usrp-in-gnu-radio-i-get-a-no-devices-found-for

If it has any effect on anything, I downloaded GNU Radio using the three lines at the top of the UbuntuInstall page on the wiki (linked below):

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/UbuntuInstall#:~:text=There%27s%20generally%20no%20need%20to%20build%20GNU%20Radio,for%20anyone%20who%20is%20new%20to%20GNU%20Radio.

I am new to GNU Radio as well as the operation of the b200-mini and SDRs in general. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
Try:

"type=b200" in the device address field in your Gnu Radio UHD USRP source.