Re: Outlyer Network

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Outlyer Network
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 21:16:03 -0500

Is this an open source project, and do you have a link?

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 4:39 PM Ralph Ewig <ralph.ewig@outlyer.space> wrote:
Hi Everyone, I'd like to share a GNUradio based satcom project I've
started, in case there's interest to participate.

Outlyer is developing a tracking and telemetry focused spacecraft
network. The enabling technologies are a novel Concept of Operations
(ConOps) and a custom waveform. Many applications are possible,
including near real-time telemetry (launch to cislunar), cooperative
traffic management (similar to ADS-B), and environment data sharing
(geomagnetic field, radiation, etc.).

For the waveform, the goal is to develop in GNUradio and then port to
common spacecraft SDR's so both new missions and those already on orbit
could join the network. The project is currently unfunded with all
contributors working as volunteers / unpaid interns. My own background
is in space systems & operations and I'm a decent python coder, but I'm
no SDR/DSP expert so looking for some help in that area.

If any that sounds interesting, please send me a note at
ralph.ewig@outlyer.space and I'd be happy to share more. Thanks!

Ralph