Suitable hardware to use gr-atsc3

From: Deron
Subject: Suitable hardware to use gr-atsc3
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 20:54:46 +0000

As a software developer who works in the broadcast industry, I am greatly interested in the GNU Radio implementation of an ATSC 3.0 transmitter at https://github.com/drmpeg/gr-atsc3. My interest lies in hands on learning of what can be done with ATSC3. That said, I've been tempted to jump into SDR but have not done so yet and I'd like to know what I should be looking for in an affordable SDR to use with gr-atsc3? Would a HackRF One be capable of generating a signal that could be decoded by a consumer ATSC3 capable device? Seems like a reasonable way for me to justify an SDR, right? :-)

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Kind regards,

Deron - KD0AYO