Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timer-Chronometer (09/27/2017)

From: paul
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timer-Chronometer (09/27/2017)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 20:30:23 -0000

Way back, Ali wanted a way to count elapsed time (seconds) from a File Sink.

Marcus posted a revelatory answer using Function Probe.

Well, that works great for an SDR Wav File Source too. Now I can display the result in a GUI Label or Dial Gauge from an integer variable "elapsed_seconds" - thanks!

But (and sorry for a beginner's ignorance), what I'd really like is a display in Time format (hh:mm:ss).

So, I've set up the following variable chain:

"start_datetime": date-time the original WAV file recording began.

"current_datetime": value start_datetime + timedelta (seconds=elapsed_seconds)

"current_time_string": value current_datetime.strftime('%H:%M:%S')

These all seem to give the right static results in the flowgraph editor.

Sadly, a GUI label with (type string) value current_time_string only ever displays the constant initial value of current_time_string - as if either the variable or the label does not update dynamically from elapsed_seconds.

Obviously don’t know what I’m doing. Please help.

Best regards

Paul