Vector Sink/Source Type Support

From: David Reuss
Subject: Vector Sink/Source Type Support
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 09:44:40 -0800

Hello,

We have a few gnuradio blocks in an OOT module that require double precision inputs and outputs. To help us test these blocks we created our own vector sink/source blocks that are direct copies of the gnuradio vector sink/source but with added support for doubles.

This works well, but I was wondering if there is a reason that vector sink/source don't support double, std::int64_t and gr_complexd types, or whether this is something that might be useful for me to create a pull request for? These blocks are already templated (source: https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/main/gr-blocks/lib/vector_sink_impl.cc), so it should be easy enough to add support for more types.

Thank you,
David