Re: controlling gain of USRP Sink

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: controlling gain of USRP Sink
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:23:01 -0500

On 15/12/2023 15:58, Manuel Caldas wrote:

Hi all,

I am using an Ettus b200 mini for transmitting a tone at 4GHz (which in turn feeds a radiometer), through a signal source block and a USRP Sink. Also in my flowgraph I have a Qt GUI Range for manually setting the USRPs Gain. I manually change the gain and see perfectly in a fosphor sink how the power spectrum changes accordingly.

What I now want to do is to make the Gain follow a gaussian evolution over time (a single pulse is fine), which of course is not practical nor accurate to accomplish by manually changing the gain slider.

So, is there any way to achieve this? I'm using grc 3.10.8.0 (Python 3.11.6) on a win 10 PC.

(btw, what I am actually trying to do is to simulate the transit of a radioastronomical point signal in front of an antenna, and see how my radiometer responds to that).

Best regards and thanks in advance!

/Manuel

I would instead of changing the RF gain, change the baseband magnitude over time -- probably using a custom embedded
  Python block -- if the sample rates aren't too high.