Duplicated tags in QT Gui Time Sink?

From: Marco Menchise
Subject: Duplicated tags in QT Gui Time Sink?
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 15:28:21 +0200

Hello,
I'm still a gnuradio newbie and I'm making simple tests just to understand how buffers work.

I wrote a block that simply tags the first and the last sample of an output_items buffer.  Tags also contain the absolute index of the sample. For example the first sample of  a buffer is marked as XXXX_F: YYY where XXXX is the absolute index and YYY is the value of the sample. The last sample is marked: XXXX_L: YYYY.

The block is connected to an QT GUI Time sink in order to display samples and tags.

Sometimes I get tags duplicated in the chart: some samples have two identical tags with the same absolute index. I'm pretty sure my block is not duplicating samples in the output.

I also connected to my block a Tag Debug block and I never get duplicated tags on the standard output. I could send the (trivial) code of my block  if you need.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Marco

PS. attached is an image showing a duplicated tag