Re: Python tutorials

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Python tutorials
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 08:37:54 +0200

Hi Shakti,

On 21.08.23 03:16, SHAKTHIVEL S 2021 Batch,PES University wrote:
Hi Marcus,
I got small doubt after looking at your reply, the self.consume takes (inputport , len(in0)) as arguments but the input length depends on the number of output_items / input_items as in0 = input_items[0][:len(output_items[0])] which  inturn depends on the noutput_items / ninput_items variable , right?

No; you can consume as much as you have available input, or less, and you can produce as much as you have available output space, or less.

the sync block (see the "Block Types" document) is a special case, where "producing N items" also means "consuming N items", and the work function is always presented with the same amount of input and output space.

My doubt is ,aren't the below functions in top_block.py define the default length of input vectors / value of ninput_items?

No, not at all.

Best regards,