Re: Missings packets on OFDM system simulation

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: Missings packets on OFDM system simulation
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:08:40 +0200

Hi Jorge,

a couple of observations first:
- the "throttle" block needs to be part of the actual flowgraph to have any effect. You might want to remove your null source -> throttle -> null sink chain. - for the sake of a Minimum Working Example (MWE) I suggest to remove the file sink and virtual sinks as well. - Did you check the actual sample level on the "OFDM Transmitter" output port? I suspect these values do not have a mean energy of 1 but way less. In your case probably 1/sqrt(64). You'd need to adopt the "Noise Voltage" parameter in your "Channel Model" block accordingly.
- How did you compute your SNR value?
- As long as there's noise, you'd eventually lose packets.

Cheers
Johannes