Help Regarding Transmitting Gain of USRP N-200

From: Arhum Ahmad
Subject: Help Regarding Transmitting Gain of USRP N-200
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 02:19:37 +0530

Respected sir,
I am using N-200 USRP for transmitting a signal. While transmitting, I have changed the Gain value in the SDRu transmitting block, but my signal strength at the receiver remains the same. I also stop and restart the code but the change in gain does not affect the received signal. I have tried the changing gain via both available options i.e., input port and dialog, but it seems to have no effect on the receiver. The signal strength at the receiver remains the same. I have tried 30 dB(Maximum gain) to 0 dB (minimum gain) in both cases received SNR is the same (i.e.,15 dB). I am using a wireless connection in line-of-sight, with minimum Tx gain at least a few drops in SNR should be observed. I have also tried -50dB (just checking) but no effect in the SNR is observed. The same thing I have tried using B210 as Tx, Rx signal strength does change in this case. However, while using N-200, no effect of changing the gain value is observed. Somehow gain value is fixed in N-200 while using the MATLAB SDRu block. Can you PLEASE HELP ME!!! IT IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT.

--
Thanks and Regards
Arhum Ahmad

+91-7974897279 | arhum.19eez0005@iitrpr.ac.in

Lab No. 323, Communication Research Lab, J.C.Bose Building

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.