Re: Error trying to install gr-osmosdr

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: Error trying to install gr-osmosdr
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 16:21:04 +0300

Hi Ellie,

On 06/06/2020 15.46, Ellie White wrote:
> Hi Vasil,
>
> Thanks for your email.

You are welcome!

> I originally installed gnuradio using "sudo apt-get
> install gnuradio" from the command line.

Did you install gnuradio from the the gnuradio-releases ppa repository -
https://launchpad.net/~gnuradio/+archive/ubuntu/gnuradio-releases?

> I attempted to install
> gnuradio-dev using "sudo apt-get install gnuradio-dev" and found that it is
> already installed.

OK.

> Previously, I had installed cmake using similar instructions to the ones
> you sent me, but I had the anaconda environment activated. When I
> deactivated anaconda and installed following the instructions you included,
> it installed in /usr/bin/ instead.
I have not any experience with anaconda but I would expect various problems
when mixing different python environments. As the gnuradio from the PPA is
compiled with the default python (from the Ubuntu's repositories) my advice is
to deactivate the anaconda environment every time you use gnuradio.

> I uninstalled my previous gr-osmosdr module and attempted to install it
> using the instructions at the links you sent as well. I ran into an error
> again in running cmake, attached here.

> --   Dependency SWIG_FOUND = FALSE
> --   Dependency SWIG_VERSION_CHECK = FALSE
> CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/gnuradio/GrComponent.cmake:75
> (message):
>   user force-enabled Python support but configuration checked failed
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:197 (GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT)

You need to install swig first.

  sudo apt-get install swig

What SDR device you have? Before building gr-osmosdr you may need to install
the corresponding libraries for your device as from the cmake output it looks
like it does not detect libraries for any device including UHD.

> Have a nice day and stay safe,
> Ellie

Have a nice weekend and stay safe,
Vasil