Help with GR-Inspector

From: pierregalant
Subject: Help with GR-Inspector
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 20:11:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I need your help. I want to install GR-inspector for Gnuradio 3.7 on Pentoo linux (Gentoo distribution). However, when installing GR-inspector, I have the following error:

 Found unsuitable Qt version "5.11.3" from /usr/bin/qmake, this code
  requires Qt 4.x

I have already search on the internet, the only possible way (if I do an analogy with someone having the same issue) would be to port the make file of GR-inspector for Gnuradio 3.7 to Qt5.

I cannot downgrade from GT5 to GT4 (as it is apparently impossible/dangerous) and I have to use Gnuradio 3.7 because I want to use GR-inspector with blocks that are only compatible using Gnuradio 3.7.

Can anyone help me ? I would not know how to write a patch to port GR-inspector for Gnuradio 3.7 on GT5.

Kind regards,

Pierre Galant