[Discuss-gnuradio] Saving data to file periodically

From: Ali Dormiani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving data to file periodically
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 14:46:58 -0700

Hello everyone,

I have a situation where I want to save data to a binary file every 15 minutes or so.

We want to keep the same flow-graph running indefinitely to prevent daughter-boards from being re-initialized. Thus, the obvious solution of writing a script that runs and stops the flow graph is a no go.

Is there an easy way to save a few seconds of streamed data to file periodically? I looked through some old threads that suggest custom blocks or using the c++ api to send stream commands or something. I'm hoping there is some "easy" way to do this within gnuradio-companion.

Thank you all for your time,

Ali