Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP time synchronization

From: Horký Petr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP time synchronization
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:55:22 +0000

Hello Derek,

so my code looks like this:

now = self.uhd_usrp_sink_0.get_time_now()

        cmd_time_sink = now + uhd.time_spec_t(0.1)
        cmd_time_source = now + uhd.time_spec_t(0.2)

        self.uhd_usrp_sink_0.set_start_time(cmd_time_sink)
        self.uhd_usrp_source_0.set_start_time(cmd_time_source)

        self.uhd_usrp_sink_0.clear_command_time()

I do not understand the sphinx docu.
Can you tell me what is the difference between set_start_time and set_command_time?

For me it would be the best to START timer when the first sample is transmitted and STOP it when the first sample is received. Then I would be able to calculate the time delay.
Or is there a possibility to have a constant delay?

Or could you just recommend me which commands should I use? I will manage the rest.
Thank you

Petr