Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 16:22:25 +0000

Hello Wolfgang:

You can check the GitHub commit logs ( https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/commits/maint-3.7/gr-blocks/grc ) to find such information. In this case, the feature was added at Sep. 9, 2017 (295f5a6).

One thing that you can try is building your custom OOT module with desired blocks (maybe copied and adapted from the main GNU Radio source tree). Also, building GNU Radio isn't that difficult (there are guides and scripts for local installations).

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Wolfgang Buesser <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2018년 12월 29일 토요일 오후 8:42
받는 사람: address@hidden
제목: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff

I am making my first steps with gnuradio.
I am calculating the cross-spectrum of the two-channels of my
soundcard.
Now I want to reduce the noise in the spectrum by averaging. To this
end I need a moving average of vectors (=average on a per index basis).
Reading the doc of v3.7.13-4  moving_average_ff has been extended to do
this. I am using v3.7.11 as available for the most recent ubuntu.
Apparently the grc-block can't do this. I have tried to add it
'manually' to the .py-code but I get an error message concerning the 4-
th argument. So this feature does not seem to be part of v3.7.11.
Can anybody tell me with which version moving_average_ff has been
extended to treat vectors?
Do I have any choice other than compiling this version by hand?

Thanks,

Wolfgang