Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GREP] Remove log4cpp

From: U L
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GREP] Remove log4cpp
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 17:08:53 -0700

I think many users, myself included, use logs for debugging.  I would hesitate to have the log messages propagate through the very system that you are trying to debug with said messages.  I would rather the logs be emitted from the system under test as simply and promptly as possible.  I think that hierarchical organization within the logs should be handled by log metadata.  It's not clear that one would want to impose the same naming hierarchy on logs as you do your flowgraph, but one could do so if desired.

Jared.