[Discuss-gnuradio] OOT blocks not imported when using extern variables i

From: Laura Arjona
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT blocks not imported when using extern variables in C++
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 19:25:11 -0700

Hi,
I have gnuradio OOT module, with 3 general blocks, and 1 "noblock" called global_var".
In the global_var.h file, I want to define a set of "global variables" that can be accessed and modified by the 3 general blocks.

To do so, I define in global_var.h file a extern variable: extern int variable1.

The module compiles fine (I code the blocks in C++), but then when importing the blocks with python, any of them can be imported.
I get the error: "module name not found"

This error is caused by the extern variable, because I remove this variable, and blocks can be imported.

How/where should I declare the global variables that can be read and modified from the general blocks?

Note: I use this global variables to trigger different actions in each block

Thank you.

--
Laura Arjona
Washington Research Foundation Innovation Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroengineering

Paul G. Allen Center for Computer Science & Engineering
185 E Stevens Way NE
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2350