[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio BPSK CMA equalizer issue

From: eric.zeng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio BPSK CMA equalizer issue
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 15:11:13 +0800

Hi, My Friends:

Recently, I follow the application article " Guided Tutorial PSK Demodulation", and can make my QPSK/8PSK Tx/Rx demo with AD9361 successfully.

Please see blow pic:

But when I use the same architecture flow chart for BPSK demodulation, I found the Costas-loop can't lock correctly.

Please see below pic:

It looks like:

Maybe the CMA Equalizer do not work correctly under BPSK, so it cause the Costas-loop can't lock.

When I disable the CMA Equalizer and connect the Poly-phase Sync to Costas-loop directly, the Costas-loop can lock, I can get good BPSK constellation.

As we know the CMA Equalizer is a right choice for MPSK demod, so is there any thing wrong with my BPSK demodulation flow chart?

Thanks very much!