Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP sink that respects PDU? SOCK_SEQPACKET?

From: Albin Stigö
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP sink that respects PDU? SOCK_SEQPACKET?
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 06:19:22 +0200

> Great, now I'll have to check the actual state of SOCK_SEQPACKET on
> Linux on an international flight.

SCTP is the greatest thing before sliced bread that never really
happened... it works on the Internet but A LOT of consumer routers
doesn't support it.

Probably should have mentioned I wanted SOCK_SEQPACKET for local
transport. I'm writing a little web frontend for a flow graph so that
I can listen to it at work. I wrote an Opus Encoder block. Then I will
write the packets to a unix domain socket (SOCK_SEQPACKET) and stream
them over websockets. RTP would be better but WebRTC is a hot mess and
our corporate firewall is nasty. I just want something simple like
WebSDR (but with libopus in the browser, compiled as WebAssembly).

--Albin