Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download

From: Michael L Kornegay
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:02:56 -0500

Mike,

>> maybe even the scan thing I noted above.  See problem loading the dylib
>> below:
>>
>> ImportError:
>> dlopen(/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osmosdr/_osmosdr_swig.so, 2):
>> Library not loaded: libgnuradio-osmosdr.0.dylib
>> Referenced from:
>> /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osmosdr/_osmosdr_swig.so
>> Reason: image not found
>>
>> Seems like I am missing one final detail that glues the proper loading of
>> the dynamic libraries?
>
> I'm wondering where "libgnuradio-osmosdr.0.dylib" is located.  Usually this
> would be installed into ${prefix}/lib (so, /opt/local/lib in your case).

Yes it was in /opt/local/lib.  Don't know why the system can't find it.

If I cd to /opt/local/lib and then run gnu radio-companion, works great, if I
am not cd to that directory it fails every time.

I also tried adding /opt/local/lib to the PATH but that did not help.

At least I can run successfully now, even though have to cd to that directory.

I think Alex might have also said something similar not that I say this, I
think he said he had to copy libs to the directory of his executable.

If you think of any potential solution, let me know.  Otherwise I guess I will
play with things for a while with this work around, and revisit trying to
figure out why later.

Thanks for your suggestions and help,
mlk