[Discuss-gnuradio] Running older USRP scripts with GNURadio 3.60

From: Tom Hendrick
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running older USRP scripts with GNURadio 3.60
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:34:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have ubuntu 12.04 and GNURadio 3.6.2.  I was trying to run some older scripts which uses the USRP.  These scripts were made with GNURadio Companion about 3 years ago, and then I added some extra menu options by manually editing the python script made by GRC.

Unfortunately when I run the scripts, I get a "can't find USRP" type error.  I understand in the newer GNURadio installations that USRP is replaced with UHD.  Does anyone know of an easy way to run older scripts that call the USRP class?  I am not experienced enough to convert all the old scripts.  I would likely have to make new ones with the newer GNURadio Companion installation and add all the extra menu features again manually.

Thank you,
Tom