Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig Error

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig Error
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:35:52 -0700

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:02:23AM -0700, gohar anwar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am getting the following error while running a programme. Programme is
> fine. I have checked it on other PC.
> I think there is some thing wrong with the installation of SWIG or else.
> ####################################
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./gsm_scan.py", line 21, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import usrp
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp/__init__.py",
> line 25, in <module>
>     from usrp_swig import *
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp/usrp_swig.py",
> line 6, in <module>
>     import _usrp_swig
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-usrp.so.0: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7db_base4dbidEv
> #####################################
>
> Line 6 is: import _usrp_swig
> line 25 is: from usrp_swig import *
>
> I am on Ubuntu 8.10
> GNU Radio 3.1.3
>
> Best Regards,
> Gohar

  $ c++filt _ZN7db_base4dbidEv
  db_base::dbid()

Given the missing symbol, it appears that at least part of your
installation is from a relatively recent copy of the trunk, since
db_base is part of the C++ daughterboard code.

I suggest that you remove all traces of GNU Radio from /usr/local,
then remake and install a known version (from svn or a tarball).

Eric