Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 23:38:44 -0400

On Oct 3, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Eric Blossom wrote:
In the random stab in the dark department: I wonder if the problem is
in pyexpat.c, and whether it was compiled with -O1 optimization on the
PPC.  (Somebody really ought to create a small test case for the gcc
guys and log a bug.)

Indeed that would be useful, but I don't think it's the issue here. There's something else going on. I can run python then do "import xml.parsers.expat" and that works just fine (as does "import xml.parsers.pyexpat" and the others in that directory).

Is there QA code for pyexpat and does it pass (make check?)

No idea.

It is annoying that Python 2.5 contains the expat library, version 2.0.0. latest release if installed separately is 2.0.1. There is no reason why Python needs to contain the source for this library unless they changed it ... anyway, that's a bit OT.