Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM implementation

From: Brett Trotter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM implementation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:32:18 -0700 (PDT)

Tom Rondeau wrote:

> Just the status report from the work done the past couple of weeks on
> OFDM. With Matt Ettus, Bob McGwier, and Eric Blossom, we successfully
> transmitted and received OFDM over the air with BPSK, QPSK, and 16QAM. I
> have merged the code into the trunk so others can use it, though I
> currently restricted the subcarrier modulations to use only BPSK or QPSK
> (M-QAM will be coming soon I hope). It's not complete; specificially, it
> lacks an adaptive equalizer over the entire packet and channel coding.
> Other features should be coming over time, too.
>
> If you're interested, and for the good of the community, I have posted
> the presentation I gave last week to the address@hidden Symposium about the
> implementation details of the system. This includes the block-diagram
> representations of the flow graphs for the transmitter, receiver, and,
> most importantly, the synchronizers used in the system. I have made it
> available in both PPT and PDF format (the PPT opens just fine in the
> latest version of Open Office for those without MS Office). You can find
> it under the Presentations link on the front page of Trac (Johnathan,
> Eric, if you have a better place to put this kind of information, let me
> know; this seemed like a good place to start).
>
> Tom

I seem to be having trouble- I've tried the usual suspects for arguments but
get

address@hidden ofdm]# ./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f 13M -s 300 -i 200 -M 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py", line 217, in ?
    main()
  File "./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py", line 190, in main
    fg = usrp_graph(options)
  File "./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py", line 56, in __init__
    self.txpath = transmit_path(self, options)
  File
"/root/gnuradio-normal/gnuradio-examples/python/ofdm/transmit_path.py", line
44, in __init__
    self.ofdm_tx = \
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/blksimpl/ofdm.py",
line 88, in __init__
    self._pkt_input = gr.ofdm_bpsk_mapper(msgq_limit,
options.occupied_tones, options.fft_length)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_general.py",
line 7060, in ofdm_bpsk_mapper
    return _gnuradio_swig_py_general.ofdm_bpsk_mapper(*args)
TypeError: ofdm_bpsk_mapper expected 5 arguments, got 3

What options does it really need?

even if i go nuts and specify nearly everything with defaults
./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f 13M -s 300 -i 200 -M 1 --tx-amplitude=12000 -m
bpsk --fft-length=512 --occupied-tones=200 --cp-length=128

I still get the same 'got 3'

What'd I miss?