[Discuss-gnuradio] APT signals

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] APT signals
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 15:14:28 +1030

G'day,

Ok, let's try it this way:

Is there someone with the equipment and time to record APT signals transmitted
by NOAA satellites in the 137MHz band? Alternatively, geostationary weather
satellites transmit WEFAX pictures at around 1691MHz (Hey, were are the guys
that tuned into GPS spectrum which is right next door... :-)

I want to demodulate the AM/FM 2400Hz sub-carrier signal and display the
image. Currently I'm not in the position to capture the spectrum myself due
to lack of equipment but this is about to change.

I can provide info on satellite passes and frequencies for your location.

cheerio Berndt