Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] job specifications

From: Jung Ko
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] job specifications
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:32:39 -0600

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:58:42 -0400, Kimsey Pollard
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm planning on picking up a couple of students
> to work part time on SDR related projects.  While
> I have a reasonable idea of the desired abilities, I
> though I would ask to see if anyone else has some
> ideas about what they think are critical skills or abilities.
> I have access to recruit from graduate and undergraduate
> EE and CS students.  Any thoughts?

I guess that strongly depends on what kind of projects you have in
mind. If it's purely related to the algorithmic development in
software, then programming skills and telecommunication background is
needed. If you need to do some pre-processing in the FPGA, then HDL
coding and familiarity with IC design would be an asset. Finally, I
think familiarity with the lab equipments such as function generator,
oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer is needed for both cases. Ohh...
also, you want someone who can write (ie. document) the work that they
have done so future students can continue on the work.

I hope that helps a little bit... :-)

--
Sincerely,
Jung Ko