directvnc-user

[Directvnc-user] DirectVNC Possibilities in my project

From: Lonnie Cumberland
Subject: [Directvnc-user] DirectVNC Possibilities in my project
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:03:26 -0700

Hello,

I have recently come across the DirectVNC while browsing the DirectFB site since I have a project that is using XDirecFB in a small distro of Linux.

Not sure if any of you saw my recent post to the DirectFB mailing list but I am working on a small project and am hoping that maybe DirectVNC could offer some potential solution or guidance to what I need to do.

Currently I am working on a 3D project and would like to take advantage of the XDirectFB effects and features.

In particular, I have a 3D cube, for example and want to find out how I might be able to place the application images when the user starts up and application on the face of the cube.

One face might have a running MPEG another face might have an Open Office application, still another might have a desktop area.

The user could rotate the cube and select one of the faces with their mouse perhaps and then that application would snap to the 2D plane so that the user could work with that application. Then if the user hit the "ESC" key for example then it would move back out to the cube.

This is the general idea and I would really like to know if anyone could help guide me on this or perhaps you might have some small examples of something similar.

Thanks and have a good day,
Lonnie T. Cumberland

Email: address@hidden
      address@hidden