directvnc-user

[Directvnc-user] Problems and Suggestions

From: Evan Langlois
Subject: [Directvnc-user] Problems and Suggestions
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if these issues are related to DirectFB or directvnc, but I
do have a couple of questions and suggestions.

First, I can't compile against DirectFB 0.9.11, 0.9.10 seems to be the
only working version.  The include files seems to have changed some key
constants and such.

Second, I would really like to be able to keep gpm running.  Is there
some way to make DirectFB recognize the gpm repeater device as being
valid?  I assume this is a DirectFB question, but directvnc is currently
the only DirectFB question, and I figured you may know the answer.

Also, when using vnc to an X session, the backspace key isn't mapped
properly it seems.  Is this a known issue?  I'm also unable to change
virtual consoles, which would be a really excellent feature ... then I
could have multiple directvnc instances on different screens.   Is there
some way to make this possible?

I've also had some problems with authentication if there is no password
set on the remote end .. the solution seems to be to set a password.  Is
this normal or a bug?

Thanks,
Evan Langlois