devilspie2-discuss

[Devilspie2-discuss] Windows geometry issues

From: Nikos Balkanas
Subject: [Devilspie2-discuss] Windows geometry issues
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 07:26:44 +0200

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and have been a devilspie user for a long time. It stopped working right some time ago, and just now I decided to upgrade to devilspie2 0.31

I seem to have a lot of windows placement/geometry issues:

1) Inconsitent placement: Over various logins, windows appear at different places and sizes, despite my geometry declaration not changing:
set_window_geometry2(0,0,750,1000);

2) The (0,0) origin coordinates do not correspond to my actual desktop origin. They appear with offset as seen by xwininfo:

Absolute upper-left X:  75
  Absolute upper-left Y:  58
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0
  Width: 749
  Height: 992
  Depth: 32
  Visual: 0x97
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x280000b (not installed)
  Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: NotUseful
  Save Under State: no
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +75+58  -856+58  -856-0  +75-0
  -geometry 83x55+65--10

Is there any way to quickly fix these issues? Is there a better tool for automated x-window
placement in Linux?

TIA
Nikos