Re: [Denemo-devel] 2 Queries: Red notes and Search box

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 2 Queries: Red notes and Search box
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:39:27 +0100

On Mon, 2019-04-22 at 15:17 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> 1. (this has happened before but I don't know what causes it or it
> means)

yes, I recall you asking about the red notes before, they mean that the
notes are out-of-range for the instrument you have set on that staff.
See the command

Command: Set Staff Range
Sets the highest and lowest notes valid for the current staff to the
highest and lowest pitches of the chord at the cursor. Notes outside
that range will be typeset but will display as red notes to warn you
that you are outside the range of the current instrument.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Properties
Internal Name: SetStaffRangeFromChord

which now has an improved wording for the description, thanks to you!

> The staff below is in red. The Typeset version is in black, but I
> have obviously triggered an effect unknown to me. Any ideas
> 2. I did look for documentation but didn't find any in the command
> centre. While using it I noticed that each time I pressed the right
> arrow next to the search box (which I assumed meant "next", it looked
> further down but added a space to the search term. Could be a Windows
> artefact?

No its a, err, feature - a cheap way of getting the search to continue
- you can press the space bar yourself to get the search to continue -
the extra spaces are ignored - eventually it will wrap round to the
start.