demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Issue to setup the latest demexpweb.cgi

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Issue to setup the latest demexpweb.cgi
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:07:33 +0200

Hello Ketty,

I'm trying to execute your merged code on my local
machine. Unfortunatly, that does not go very well. :-(

First of all, if I use the option --gettext-dir to demexpweb.bin in
demexpweb.cgi shell script, I always get:
"
Software error
Failure("setlocale(invalid localization)")
"
for "en" and "sv" locales (strangely enough, not for the "fr" one).

Any idea what what might go wrong or how to debug that? I correctly
configure the shell script to give the right location for the locale/
directory:
====
#!/bin/sh
# Because of a bug in ocaml-gettext or my use of it nothing gets translated if
# you dont pass the --gettext-dir option. Even if the .mo file is installed in
# one of the system wide directories.

# for testing
#GETTEXTDIR=../build/share/locale/
GETTEXTDIR=/usr/local/lib/cgi-bin/locale
# for system wide install
#GETTEXTDIR=/usr/share/locale

./demexpweb.bin --gettext-dir $GETTEXTDIR
====

Secondly, the interface displays correctly without this option however I
can't browse the position base: nothing happens when I click or double
click on a tag. None of the top buttons are working neither.

But apparently there is the same issue on your own version of the CGI:
  http://equah.afraid.org/demexp/demexpweb.cgi

Is your code working at all (ok, that's my fault, I should have checked
before merging)?

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A