demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: win32 and GTK

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: win32 and GTK
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:24:50 +0200

Good evening,

David MENTRE a écrit :
!define DEMEXP_REG_KEY  "SOFTWARE\DEMEXP\demexp"

Patch applied (not part of 0.8.0 though).

0.8.0 seems to have "SOFTWARE\Demexp" (doesn't show up in a hg export) as my patch implemented.

Ok, I wasn't clear: would it be possible to use regular GTK installer to
install the whole GTK DLL in a specific directory under demexp
installation directory and configure demexp to use it?

This question should have been in later mail, but still: yes, and in fact any program should benefit from it. Or have trouble with it, as it's added to the PATH (equivalent to LD_RUN_PATH/PATH).

I think doing advanced detection is not worth it: broken installations
are rare and source of needed bug reports to discover what really needs
to be done.

I agree. In case of issue, report what is going wrong and abort as
cleanly as possible.

Although I leave the reporting to the GTK installer: it should display relevant warning (already installed, can't be installed, can't be upgraded etc). demexp installer only controls whether it was installed.

Best regards,
Christophe GISQUET