demexp-dev

Drupal interface on demexp.org (was: Re: demexp.org Re: [Demexp-dev] The

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Drupal interface on demexp.org (was: Re: demexp.org Re: [Demexp-dev] Theme questions)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:33:28 +0200

Hello Augustin,

Augustin <address@hidden> writes:

> About demexp.org, it is of course my understanding that as soon as the module
> I'm working on is stable enough, Drupal will be install on demexp.org, where
> spip used to be.

No or more exactly not directly.

At first, I want to test your interface, probably with a local
installation on my machine, accessible through dynamic DNS.

Secondly, we are not root on demexp.org, where we have only user
accounts. You probably noticed that the XML RPC proxy is not on
demexp.org because I cannot easily install CGI on it.

At mid term, I think we will migrate to our own dedicated server with
root access. Fréderic has just start rented a Dedibox for its own
firm. Christopher Mann has also proposed a similar setting.  No decision
has been taken right now and we haven't even discussed of it.

In the mean time, I'm not sure how we will solve this technical
issue. Probably through a DNS name beta.demexp.org pointing to a Drupal
host somewhere.

> Of course, the two docuwiki (fr and en) will stay, but the 4-5 html pages
> that
> you have at the root will be included within the drupal site.
> The details of the organization/ layout of the site can be discussed later.

I'm not sure of it neither. Currently we have decided to have three
wikis, fr/, en/ and main/ for respectively editable French wiki, English
wiki and non-editable main web site.

Right now, I envision your Drupal module as a separate hierarchy related
to the web interface of demexp. We can discuss on it.

> Within a few weeks, I will need to have ftp access to the root of demexp.org
> to install Drupal.
> Is there a panel? MySQL, phpmyadmin?
> What version of php?

I can't answer those questions right now. In case we could build our own
Drupal host, which softwares and versions are required?

On the technical side, I would much prefer to use PosgreSQL rather than
MySQL for Drupal backend.

I have added those questions to the agenda of next project meeting:
  http://www.demexp.org/fr/doku.php?id=reunion_du_25_septembre_2006

Feel free to add your own points.

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A