demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Should we mark a question as "modified" after a vote?

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Should we mark a question as "modified" after a vote?
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:05:38 +0200

Hello,

While using the client (a rare task for me ;) I noticed that the client
can present quite old results because, if only votes are done, the
server does not mark the question as "modified" and the client uses the
old results from its cache.

Originally, this was done like this in order not to offer the ability to
track new votes or vote changes. However, in our current setting and
without further improvement regarding anonymity[1], I propose that each
new vote marks the question as "modified", so clients will be updated.

Your opinion?

Yours,
d.

Footnotes:
[1]  like regular recomputation of votes, independent of actual
     participant votes.

--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A