demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: [demexp-en] client development

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: [demexp-en] client development
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:00:14 +0200

Hello Isabelle,

address@hidden writes:

> I would like to continue to develop the client. In order to do it, I need to
> know the changes of the specifications, as they have slightly changed since
> the
> first version. Actually I only need the changes, new ideas to improve it, and
> what was really wrong with the first version (especialy in term of usability).

Sorry for the delay, more than 6 days since you asked this question.

This kind of question is more for the address@hidden mailing
list. And we have discussed at length your questions, so I won't bother
other people.

But to make a short summary:

 - the client side hasn't moved since you stopped to code;

 - on the server side, I am currently redesigning and reimplementing the
   classification. The client/server communication should be
   reimplemented also, using complete Gerd Stolpmann's RPC package.

If you want to participate, you can:

 - implement the client interface (preferably using lablgtk2 and glade);

 - design a new client interface GUI using the paper approached;

 - anything else you want (but the current state of the code is a bit
   messy).

To be frank, I haven't be much progress recently. To tired after work to

Feel free to ask me further questions on address@hidden

Yours,
david
--