demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] How to get GNU Arch archive of demexp

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] How to get GNU Arch archive of demexp
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:52:43 +0100

Hello,

As I said in previous emails, I'm considering a switch to GNU Arch as
versionning program (i.e. to replace CVS).

I've put a copy of my Arch repository on the web. Here is how you can
get a local copy of it and a working source tree on your hard disk.

0. Install GNU Arch

 0.1 The debian (sarge/testing/unstable) way:

apt-get install tla

 0.2 From sources (sorry Isa, no easy way for you):

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/

(download tla-1.1.tar.gz)
tar -zcf tla-1.1.tar.gz
cd tla-1.1/src
mkdir =build
cd =build
../configure --prefix /usr/local
make
make install

1. Setup your own copy of the archive and a copy to work on it

 1.1 In short

tla my-id "Anne Onymous <address@hidden>"
tla register-archive address@hidden
http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/arch-ive/
tla make-archive --mirror-from address@hidden ~/david-2004-code-archive
tla archive-mirror address@hidden
tla get -A address@hidden demexp--development--0.1 demexp
cd demexp ; make

In the future, to update your local copy of my mirror, just do:

tla archive-mirror address@hidden

However, I still wondering how to update your local directory after
that. I think the 'tla replay' command will be useful, but I'm not
sure.

 1.2 More information

All GNU Arch commands start with tla.

tla my-id creates your Arch identifier. It should contain your name and
    your email address, following given format.

tla register-archive says that "address@hidden"
    archive should resove to
    "http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/arch-ive/";. All next developer
    versions will be there (if I find Arch usable).

tla make-archive tells that your own copy of
    "address@hidden" archive should be located in
    your local directory "~/david-2004-code-archive".

tla archive-mirror instructs Arch to populate your local copy of
    "address@hidden" archive.

tla get extracts from your local mirror a working source tree and put it
    in "demexp" directory.

 2. Useful pointers

--Must read-- the Arch tutorial
 http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/arch.html

Arch web site:
 http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/

Arch wiki:
 http://wiki.sourcecontrol.net/moin.cgi/

If you have any issues, let me know.

I'm still learning how to make new branches.

Yours,
d.

PS : Those explanations are much inspired from similar ones by Tim Daly
(http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-01/msg00104.html).

--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>