debian-sf-users

TR: [Debian-sf-users] How to backup/Restore Sourceforge ?

From: Antoine Nivard
Subject: TR: [Debian-sf-users] How to backup/Restore Sourceforge ?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:39:54 +0100

> And for the LDAP data base ?
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP.html#BACKUP
I try to dump:
/usr/sbin/ldbmcat -n /var/lib/ldap/id2entry.gdbm > /opt/BACKUP/ldap.ldif

...and then restore...
cat dump.ldif | ldapadd  -w foobar -D "cn=Manager, dc=ge, dc=com"

or backup, is it not sufficient to back up the files in
/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/ (or wherever) ??

For export and import, using 2.x, I've been using slapcat, removing *.dbb
from /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/, and slapadd.  This seems to work,
although I HAVE been experiencing some weirdness (probably my own doing)
lately.

> Particularly for the data base postgresql
http://database.sourceforge.net/index.php?area=postgresql

A script to help to manage your backup

I hope to have my LDAP working soon...

        Antoine