dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Event mask

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Event mask
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:03:19 +0200

On 2010-06-22, Сергей Петров <address@hidden> wrote:
> I do the small file monitor for anti-virus check of files. In my
> case it is convenient to fulfil check after file closing. In this
> case the file is completely written, and it is possible to start
> scanning process. But in a dazukofs 3.x there is no mask of
> events. I cannot watch event "ON_CLOSE". How it is possible to solve
> this problem?

With DazukoFS there is only support for ON_OPEN events. It would be
fairly easy to catch ON_CLOSE events if you wanted to hack it in
DazukoFS.

I haven't tried it, but it probably is sufficient to add:

    dazukofs_check_access(file->f_dentry, file->f_vfsmnt);

to file.c:dazukofs_release() so that it looks like this:

static int dazukofs_release(struct inode *inode, struct file *file)
{
    struct inode *lower_inode = get_lower_inode(inode);

    dazukofs_check_access(file->f_dentry, file->f_vfsmnt);

    fput(get_lower_file(file));
    inode->i_blocks = lower_inode->i_blocks;

    kmem_cache_free(dazukofs_file_info_cachep, get_file_private(file));
    return 0;
}

Of course, it makes no sense to _block_ close events. But the above
change should allow your DazukoFS clients to be notified about it.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer