dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Dazuko and CentOS 5

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko and CentOS 5
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:52:02 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to build dazuko kernel module for CentOS 5 but it fails. Since
CentOS 5 has kernel 2.6.18
I tried to build the seperate module.

Since kernel 2.6.23 or so it is no longer possible to build "capability" as
module. In my attempt
I discovered that this "feature" seemed to be backported to CentOS kernel
2.6.18, so I can not
build "capability" as module here as well.

So the options are:
- Attempt to use the patch for newer kernels with the CentOS kernel. Since I am
not a kernel hacker I have no idea if this would work stable.

- Build a new vanilla kernel from kernel.org, which is not good, because of
security maintenance I would be forced to
build a new kernel each week or so

- Use a "bleeding edge" distro, which is not good either because the life cycle
is way too short for those distros

- Switch to FreeBSD which is supported by dazuko as well and hasn't those
problems, but it would mean a lot of work because I don't know *BSD so well.

Perhaps someone has an suggestion I didn't think of?

Regards,

Henry